The Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai (SISD) opened in August 2015 and is a candidate school for all three academic International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes with the goal of becoming an IB continuum school. We seek to inspire students beyond the classroom to become lifelong learners and global citizens of the 21st Century by developing their talents in a multilingual environment. The school currently serves nearly 300 students up to Grade 6.
From August 2016, the Middle School will open and will comprise grades 6 to 9 in the first instance. Student numbers will eventually rise to a targeted total of about 2200, of whom 300 will be boarding. Our generous, state-of-the art campus with significant sports facilities is located in Dubai Healthcare City.
Job title MYP Coordinator Department Middle School
Start date August 1, 2016 Location Dubai, UAE
Reports to Head of Middle School Position(s) Supervised
Job Scope The MYP Coordinator plays a key role in the whole-school implementation and organization of the programme in close collaboration with the Head of Middle School. And is responsible for the facilitation of a programme that is collaboratively planned, communicated, taught and assessed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities • Participates in the implementation and maintenance of the MYP action plan
• Collaborates with teachers to support their understanding of the MYP
• Sets up systems for communication and collaboration among all MYP staff
• Promotes the programme internally and externally
• Supports teachers in the development of appropriate assessment tools
• Ensures monitoring of teaching and learning in accordance with IB and KHDA expectations
• Coordinates MYP activities of the school and ensures the school adheres to IB standards and practices
• Provides guidance and support in preparation for MYP authorization
• Leads the school’s process of developing and reviewing scope and sequence documents in alignment with IB guidelines
• Records the preparation and presentation of the MYP personal and community projects
• Liaises with the IBO and other IB schools
• Teaches a reduced load as outlined in the duties and responsibilities of a secondary teacher
Internal Teachers, Head of Middle School, Head of School
External Parents, KHDA, IB, other IB schools
Education University Teaching Degree
Essential • Native English, French or German speaker
Experience • Successful international experience in MYP teaching and leadership
• Experience as an MYP Coordinator or Head of Department in an MYP setting
Competencies • Reflects and models the values of the IB Learner Profile
Beneficial • Proficiency in other languages such as English, French, German or Arabic
• IB recognized MYP or DP professional development
Salary & Benefits The salary and benefits package reflects the fact that the school is committed to excellence.
Contract 2 year contract with the option for renewal